Author Topic: WeinPlus discussion - a suggestion  (Read 5201 times)

Offline werner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
WeinPlus discussion - a suggestion
« on: March 31, 2009, 01:38:36 PM »
The problem of not seeing enough information, i.e. having to many tabs/notebook pages has intrigued me and it is something I would like to improve in a future release (3.1?).

So, I put some prototype together to be able to see what is possible to do with the tools I am using.  In the prototype all the fields which are normally shown are represented just with a text control as a space holder.

This is what you see in version 3.0 when you start working with wines.

What about if the user could change this layout to something like this:

So, you see that the user decided that he wants to see the wine details, vintage/bottle, purchase and consumption tabs directly and keep things like Rating, Tasting, Image and Tags in a notebook.

Or even have two windows, one for the search stuff and one for the wine details.

If one has a monitor with high resolution or maybe even has two monitors then one could show this all in two windows.

Now this perspectives (that is what they are called by the widget I would use for this) could be saved and reloaded on demand.  Which means I would probably provide at least two predefined and the user could create his own and save them and load/use his preferred one on startup and could switch to any of the others through a menu option.

Would love to here some comments on what people think about this type of approach.

Werner
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:46:32 PM by werner »

gsturz

Re: WeinPlus discussion - a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
I would love to be in the position to customize the layout for myself. This would enable me to see the information which is inportant for me  :) and adjust according to my requirements.
Gabor

larsgj

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
Being able to customise search and layout would be great. I often do the same searches again and again - would be great to be able to save search criterias also. Personally I like to second suggestion (on top) the best, however I do not really have a problem not seeing enough info (24" screen).

Lars

Offline werner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
Lars,

Will add the "save searches" option to my to todo list.

The layouts will be totally user configurable, i.e. just by dragging a notebook tab and drop it elsewhere on the screen will change the layout and then one will be able to save the layout (called a perspective).

Especially with a large screen this will be handy as you can see the wine details, purchases, consumptions or whatever all on the same screen without having to click on a particular tab.

Werner

kondrich

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »
This one sounds great.

Offline Motorcycle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 01:35:07 PM »
Found it to experience this problem a long time ago I wanted to do for a while, thanks for the information.